Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby's Time Waster

Ok, somewhere in this nest are the materials for a new fun baby's toy! 


You'll need: 6 - 4" pieces of ribbon
                 2 - 6"x 6" pieces of fabric
                 1 - 6"x 6" piece cut from a baby wipe package. You're just look'in for the crinkle factor here.

I'm going for interesting to a baby here...so this is what I came up with.
Take 1 piece of your fabric and pin the ribbons with the unfinished edges facing the salvages.

I just ran a baste stitch over each ribbon a 1/4" from the edge.

I placed the other piece of fabric down, right sides together.
Place the two fabrics right sides facing each other, and layer your piece of crinkle on top. Pin all around.
This is my crinkle piece. 
Sew all around at a 1/2" seam allowance leaving a 3 inch gap unsewn. Then pull inside out...or in this case, right side out.
A little wrinkled, but my daughter will not mind.
Ok, here we are!  It's a little rough, but with my 4 month old on my lap while I sewed, I think this turned out pretty good.
Top stitch around with a decorative stitch, if you got it, and Viola!! 

Now just hand it over to your little one.
It is such a hit. This also can be thrown in the washer as need be. What could be better?

Faith, if you want one, just let me know! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...