Tomato and Herb Salad from Sunset
- 2 pounds assorted vine-ripened tomatoes
- 12 to 14 Slices of Fresh mozzarella
- About 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 sprigs marjoram
- 10 to 12 basil leaves
Preparation1. Slice large tomatoes; leave small tomatoes whole, or cut in wedges or halves. Arrange on a platter with cheese.
2. In a small bowl, whisk 1 tsp. salt, the vinegar, and honey until salt is dissolved; whisk in olive oil. Spoon over tomatoes.
3. Strip marjoram leaves and flowers from sprigs onto salad. With kitchen scissors, snip basil leaves and flowers over tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt to taste.