Friday, December 3, 2010

Sweet Bacon Peas

Sewright-Blog by Ruth Yoder

Need a new twist on tonight's vegetable?  This recipe is soo good. I could've just had this for dinner.  I also have a new recipe for lasagna that I'll be posting soon.

Ingredients:
2 Slices Bacon, chopped
2 Tbsp. Chopped onion
1 Garlic clove, minced
8 Oz Bag of Frozen Peas
2 Tsp. Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Butter
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Cook Bacon until crisp.  Drain on paper towels.  Leave bacon fat in pan up to 1 tbsp. Add onion and garlic to pan, and cook  until softened.  Stir in peas and sugar.  Cover and cook about 4 minutes.  Turn off heat, add butter, bacon, salt and pepper.

*Feel free to come to my page and comment! Coming soon, I'll be doing a giveaway for one lucky person who does. Hope everyone is doing well. My family has been sick, but it should be over soon.  Take care!

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks really good. I normally cook with turkey bacon but I think I am going to have to buy some real bacon for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...