Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cream Cheese Pepper Salad

This is a very delicious salad.  
What may look like tofu, is actually baked cream cheese cubed.  The croutons are homemade from my two day old french bread.  They are extra good when they soak up the dressing!


You can't see the sunflower seeds or pepper rings..I forgot to take pictures the night I made it!

Ingredients: 

Cream cheese, cubed in bite size pieces
Orange zest
Pepper
Garlic powder
Romaine lettuce, chopped
Carrot, shaved
Sunflower seeds
Mild Pepper rings, sliced a bit smaller
Croutons 


I did a balsamic dressing for this salad, but you could probably use any kind.

Directions:
 
Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Place cream cheese on non stick sprayed baking pan.

Sprinkle with Garlic powder, orange zest and pepper to your taste.

Bake 8 to 10 Minutes until lightly browned. Cool slightly, then removed to a plate; set aside.

Add the rest of your ingredients to a bowl, top with cream cheese and drizzle dressing.

So very good, and a nice compliment to almost any meal.

I  went to Strack and Van til and got the yellow pepper rings and sunflower seeds from the salad bar. Only cost me $0.20, instead of $5.00. Now that works for me!

Sorry I haven't sent anything in awhile. I haven't had a camera for days...long days. I made some beautiful stuffed pork chops last night, and couldn't get a picture. Sad, but I guess that means I'll have to make them again so I can share them with you. 

I hope everyone is well. I'm working on making an app for my blog, so hopefully that will be coming soon!


Sewright Blog by Ruth Yoder Don't forget to subscribe to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...