Saturday, April 9, 2011

Polenta with Sausage Marinara Rotini

 For those of you who haven't tried Polenta, go for it! It is a cheap filler and tastes great. My family knew it as Mush.  Cornmeal cooked.

This is EASY to make.  I used to cook it on the stove, but it takes more attention than I'm able to give with a One year old crawling around.  Even in this picture above,you can see, I practically burnt the Garlic bread under the broiler because I had too much going on.  Here we go:
Microwave Polenta

Ingredients:
3 Cups Water
1 Cup Cornmeal
1 Tsp Salt
 For Frying:
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Directions:
Stir together and pour into a Pyrex bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Cook 7 minutes in the microwave on high, stirring every two minutes.  Take out of microwave and pour onto a baking sheet keeping it about 1 inch high.  Mine was just to one side of my baking pan. Flatten with a spatula. Cool for 20 min.  Using a cookie cutter, cut your desired shape.  I wish I had a circle one, but I had a scalloped edged square which of course works just fine.

Heat a frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil.  Fry them for 4-5 minutes on each side.  Your just looking for a little browning.

I cooked up some ground Italian sausage and added some canned marinara sauce.  Hunts is pretty good!  Cook up some noodles, add your sauce and serve with the polenta.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and sliced green onion!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.  70's!!  What are you doing?

Flower Hair Clip Tutorial
Sewright Blog by Ruth Yoder

Don't forget to subscribe to my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...