Friday, June 3, 2011

Roasted Whole Chicken with Lemon and Herbs

 All you need is a Whole Chicken, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, and Famous Dave's Chicken and Pork Seasoning, or your favorite blend.

Rinse Chicken and pat dry. Mix and Spread the mixture above, over all of the surface. You can marinate it for a couple hours, but I didn't have the time and mine turned out sooo tender.

Oven to 450F degrees.  Roast for 20 minutes.  Do not put on foil.  You won't need it.  This high temperature seals in the juices. Then turn it to 375F degrees for 40 Minutes to an hour.  My chicken was about 3.5lbs. To test for doneness you can put in a thermometer or pull on a leg an see if it easily pulls away.  I did not stuff my chicken so, if you do, please do not follow the cooking times, as it will take your bird longer.

Most assuredly an awesome chicken dinner.  We ate the chicken breast, and it was fork tender.  Enjoy!
Pacing...where's my chicken!


Roasted Carrots


Sewright Blog by Ruth Yoder

Don't forget to subscribe to my posts!

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmm....love the sweet photo of your sweetpea. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...