Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sweater to Cardigan Tutorial


 I got this green sweater from Kohl's on clearance.  It's nice, but just kinda plain.  So I went about making a matching cardigan for my green paisley sleeveless shirt (above). 
 I used my sewing machine, some double folded binding tape in green, some scissors and a ruler. 
 I cut the sweater straight up the middle.
 Pinned on the bias tape, back side first. 
 Sewing the back, then pinning the front on and sewing it up.  Tucking in the ends of the tape on the edges of the sweater.
 Half hour later, ( I needed time to figure it out too ;) ) I'm finished and have an awesome custom cardigan.
 I'm very happy, and I think it's my favorite!  Are you going to try it?

Breakfast tomorrow?
Morning Oven Hashbrowns 













I've also added some Jersey Headbands to my Etsy Shop!  Come on by and check it out!











Sewright Blog by Ruth Yoder

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I wonder if I have any sweaters around that I was going to throw out that I could do this too. Or maybe have you do it for me, wink wink!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater turned cardigan is fantastic! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sweater up-cycle! I always need ideas for what to do with my boxes of old sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I have a sweater that I keep wanting to revamp and you have inspired me! Thanks for sharing with us today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...