Sunday, July 17, 2011

Roasted Vegetable Alfredo Pasta

This dish really hit the spot for me.  I served it with Jerk Chicken sliced at an angle to make it easy to fork.
The farmers markets seem to be in full swing now.  I got a HUGE zucchini for $0.75.  It makes enough for two meals.  I figure I'll slice and fry it up for the other.

Ingredients:
8 oz of pasta, cooked
2 Carrots
1 Small zucchini (I just cut the huge one I had in half)
1 Jar Alfredo Sauce
1 Stalk of Green onion
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Cut up zucchini and carrots into 1/2" to 1" pieces.  Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast at 400 F degrees for 20-25 minutes, turning vegetables halfway through.  Keep and eye on them, as zucchini cook relatively fast. Heat sauce and add to the pasta, then toss in the vegetables and season with slices of green onion.  I added some Tabasco to mine for a kick.  Delish!  


I've been keeping quite busy as I'm sure you all are too!  I hope everyone had a great 4th.  What did you do?

Sewright Blog by Ruth Yoder

Come and subscribe here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...