I grabbed one of her other skirts, and traced that with an added 1/2 inch seam allowance on each side making sure to use the elastic in the top of the pants to be the top of her skirt.
I sewed it together, also keeping the tie for a bow later.
I then cut strips of material to make the ruffle. I ran a baste stitch and then pulled them till they gathered. I pinned and sewed that on. Then I hemmed it.
She looks adorable in it. I'll definitely look at remnants differently for possible toddler clothes again.
Modpodge Number Puzzle Redo
Sewright Blog by Ruth Yoder
Don't forget to subscribe to my posts!