Friday, February 17, 2012

How to fix a skirt with a broken zipper, without a zipper

Clothes with broken zippers. Annoying. I've had this skirt for over two years.  I wore it once and the zipper wouldn't go back down...then I broke it.   Should I rip out this one, and put in a normal one instead of an invisible?  I would have to rip out a lot of seams just to get into it enough to put it in.

Less is more, and I had buttons that matched. So no $ required,  I set out to fix it this way. 
I sewed a zigzag stitch into a rectangle that would fit my buttons.  I then used scissors and a seam ripper to open up the new holes. 
I sewed my buttons on.  Worked like a charm.  You really only see one button when I'm wearing it, because of the sash.
Ready to Wear
I feel like I got something new and that ALWAYS feels good.

Biscuits and Gravy

Sewright Blog by Ruth Yoder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...