Friday, February 3, 2012

Chili Mac with Black Beans

I recently had a stock up on black beans.  Before this past year, I'd never bothered with them. I decided to try to incorporate these with my chili mac instead of the usual chili beans or kidney beans.  Did I mention I still hate butter beans?  Since I was a wee child.  Just can't do it.  Lima beans, get me outta here.  After all these years, they still put the green lima beans in the mixed vegetable bags and cans.  I never buy em of course. It also seem so far that my little girl is going down the same road. 

This recipe has a few ingredients which make it budget friendly.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb Ground beef
1/2 Small onion, chopped
2 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Sugar
1/4 to 1/3 Cup of Black beans (whatever your preference)
1 14 oz Can Diced tomatoes -Chili Ready (it will say it on the can)
1 Can Tomato Sauce (14oz)
8 oz of Elbow noodle

Cook beef in a skillet with onions.  Add seasonings, not including sugar.  Drain. Boil pasta. Puree or pulse the chili ready diced tomatoes.  Add back to meat in skillet along with the can of tomato sauce, sugar, and black beans.  Heat.  Combine ingredients together.  Serve it up!  I liked to top with fresh chopped onion, sour cream and cheese.  Yum.  I had some leftovers for lunch for a couple days too.

Also great to make on Super Bowl Sunday!  What are you making?



Dress made with a tank top






SewrightBlog by Ruth Yoder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...