- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons good bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste (up to 4 tablespoons if desired)
- 1 green onion, washed and cut into thirds
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Place the chicken in a shallow 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Turn the chicken occasionally to make sure they are entirely coated in the marinade.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Bake the chicken, uncovered, with the marinade, for 25-35 minutes, basting occasionally.
Dice the chicken and serve over hot rice or noodles. And some sliced green onion. Serve hot.
Sewright Blog by Ruth Yoder Don't forget to subscribe to my posts!